Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Re: HEAVY

Speaking of A&E's Heavy... Have you seen it?  It's about morbidly obese people who have reached a crossroads in their lives and decide they need to do something about it . . . with the help of subsidized personal trainers, and therapists, etc., over the course of six months. 

Anyway, it's pretty good, but a lot of people I've spoken to have had the same complaint that I have.  While the realism is appreciated, it's not quite dramatic enough.  Like, despite significant weight loss, they're still obese at the end.  The way I see it is, if I look at the juxtaposed BEFORE and AFTER pictures, and I wouldn't make fun of the AFTER person any less if I didn't have the BEFORE picture right there for comparison . . . then the show needs to be reworked.  Maybe give them a full year, or something?  I don't know.  Bottom line, back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment