Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Honorable or Lazy?

I Googled "recycle," and this picture came up. Gotta love the human race...

I keep a small garbage bag in my car, but whenever I finish a plastic bottle of water, I wait until I'm near a recycling bin to throw out the empty bottle instead of putting it in my car garbage.  Sounds noble, right?  But here's the thing, I can never really discern if I do it because I actually care about the environment, or because plastic bottles are really bulky and would require me to empty the car garbage with annoying frequency.  Jury's still out.

1 comment:

  1. Either way, it's better than following through with the action in your picture. Besides, who cares if your reasons are altruistic, so long as it's the right decision?

    ReplyDelete