Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

AIDS Needs A New Agent

I saw an ad for a charity AIDS walk, and the picture in the ad was of a smiling 80-plus-year-old woman. I take issue with this in several ways:

A. If she has AIDS and has managed to live longer than the national average, then I'm not gonna be real motivated to participate in this walk; these "AIDS people" seem to be doing just fine without me.

B. If she has only recently contracted AIDS, then I'm just offended, because the last thing I want to think about is a sexually active granny! (Sure, maybe she got it from a transfusion, but by then it's too late! The thought of granny sex has already been implanted in your brain by the time you conceive of the transfusion alternative.)

C. If she doesn't have AIDS, and I'm just talkin' from a marketing perspective here, should you really be promoting a charity walk with a picture of someone who can, herself, barely walk?

C'mon, AIDS. You can do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment