Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big Blacks

I was walking down a side street the other day, and was about to cross to the other side when I saw two, 6'4"-ish, jacked black dudes walking towards me on my side of the street.  So, I held off on crossing the street and stayed on the same side until we passed each other because I know racist people have been known to cross the street when they see "dark" people coming their way, and I didn't want these guys to feel uncomfortable.  Does that mean I'm racist or highly empathetic?  (Because I feel like I'm often preoccupied with other people's comfort levels.)

But then I thought, "Wait!  Why should I have to carry other people's white guilt if my family was all in Eastern Europe during Slavery, then being butchered in the Holocaust, and then being discriminated against alongside black people right here in America prior to the Civil Rights Movement?!" 

But I guess that's why moderate Muslims who have never wronged anyone might feel compelled to be extra affable to compensate for their retarded, extremist brethren.  When you're a member of a group that includes high-profile assholes, it kind of falls on you to dispel popular misconception.  Accordingly, I always tip well . . . because I'm a Jew . . . unless the service was just awful, because they need to learn a lesson.  What am I, made of money?  Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment