Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, May 2, 2010

F-ing Hipsters

I was walking the other day and saw three hipsters hanging out outside their apartment. Two were sitting on the stoop smoking, and the third was standing in front of them in the yard. All of them in skinny jeans, not smiling...one had a moustache...the usual. So the standing guy decides to do a somersault on the grass; I think it was an anti-establishment somersault. One of the smokers takes an unnecessarily dramatic drag and emotionlessly says, "That was so random." And the somersaulting-r'tard goes, "I know. I don't know where that came from. I just knew I had to do it. I don't know why."

Ugh, right? So predictable! I know exactly why you did it. You needed to scream, "I need attention!," without actually saying those words. Go write a fucking blog or something...

3 comments:

  1. Hipsters LOVE the word "random." They use it to describe themselves. "I don't know why I [insert stupid activity here]. I'm so random." What does that even mean? "Random" is not a personality trait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. They think (not consciously) that if they behave whimsically, then they're actually unique, when really they're just like everybody else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa: Hey, Bart, you got an earring! How
    rebellious ... In a totally conformist way.

    ReplyDelete