Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mistaken Identity




August 9th marked the anniversary of Jerry Garcia's death, and it made remember the time, back in high school, when he died. I was on a summer trip with a bunch of other 15 and 16 year olds, and I remember all the kids around me suddenly going nuts and crying. So I asked one of the less-distressed, semi-coherent hippies what was going on, and she said, "Jerry Garcia died!"

Now, while I didn't really care for the Grateful Dead, I did know who Jerry Garcia was. But, for whatever reason, and this is the first time I'm telling anyone this, when she said Jerry Garcia, I thought of Andy Garcia, the underrated actor. Hilarious, right? And I remember thinking to myself, "Yeah, he was a good actor, and all (by that point he'd done such classics as Black Rain, When A Man Loves A Woman, and Jennifer 8, which co-starred Uma Thurman as a blind woman...full frontal, by the way), but I never realized how much people loved this guy..." That's because they didn't. Wrong Garcia.

No comments:

Post a Comment