Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yet Again, Asians Succeed in Technology, Fail in Human Interaction

No, I'm not talking about my ex-girlfriend, I'm talking about a (South, duh) Korean couple who neglected its actual, living, breathing baby in favor of a virtual one. Their real baby died of starvation.

I'm torn on this one. On one, totally obvious, hand, it's really sad because a baby was essentially murdered slowly. On the other hand, if we're talking bigger picture here, this couple clearly shouldn't have been breeding in the first place, so things kinda worked themselves out, no?

Anyway, it's kind of an old story, but it's new to me, so you get it now. Here's the article: http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/03/04/korean-parents-neglect-real-child-virtual-one

1 comment:

  1. With a newborn myself, I hardly see how this is possible. I'm not questioning the validity or truth behind the article - just... really?!?!

    ReplyDelete