Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Monday, March 29, 2010

I Get It, But...

I have this friend who was seeing this girl for a little while, but they hadn't slept together yet. In fact, they didn't do much at all. When he broached the subject with her, she said she didn't want to sleep with someone who wasn't her boyfriend. Look, I'm not gonna pretend like I don't "get it," but c'mon. I'm not saying a girl needs to, or even should, give it up right away, but it's kinda hard to commit to a full-fledged relationship when you don't know how someone is in bed. I mean, you don't buy a house without first doing a thorough inspection, know what I'm sayin'...

10 comments:

  1. But really, do guys really sit back after sex and assess whether or not it's worth it to commit to a relationship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, I'm not a guy and I would. Hear that, guys?? Learn technique. TECHNIQUE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought if you like someone, you simply are attracted no matter what they're like in bed! When did it get so complex? I don't know if it would be a deal breaker for me. I think....then, the pressure is on the guys to perform well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Complex? Sounds pretty simple to me. Who DOESN'T want good sexual chemistry for the duration of his/her relationship?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right! Of course, who wouldn't want great sex?! But, it's complicated because sex is good, but does it outweighs everything else about that person you were first attracted to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't outweigh everything, but is an IMPORTANT factor. If it's terrible, it can be a deal breaker. If it's great, you can end up with the wrong person for longer than you should. And there are all shades of grey in between...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, let's come back to reality and remember that sex DOES outweigh everything else about the person that you were first attracted to. UNLESS you don't like having sex or you're so old it's not a big deal anymore. I mean, it might be crass, but I don't want to spend my life with someone who is a rabbit and sweaty and leaves me unfulfilled. FOREVER. Let's just pause and think about that... bad sex FOREVER. Deal breaker.

    Which is why it's important for guys to have as much sex as possible with different women (not just a lot of sex with one woman) prior to meeting their wives. A woman can be good in bed naturally, but a man needs to study and learn the moves. Crass, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, I love that the word verification that Google gave me to post my comment was "master". Seriously, I took a screen shot.

    ReplyDelete