Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bully or Bullied?

The fuzz, the heat, the po-po, pigs, five-oh, coppers, power-tripping cocksuckers... Whatever you want to call them, most cops are usually the same: assholes.

It takes a certain type of person to want to be a cop. I feel like it's either the bully from high school, because he wants to retain his semblance of power and control, or the one who was bullied in high school, because he wants revenge for all the beatings he took. Either way, those aren't the type of people you want wielding power. But they are.

I actually spent a night in jail once, in Key West, Florida, over Spring Break of my senior year of college. I was pretty much hauled in for being stubborn and sarcastic. Shocking, yet again. I'm not gonna get into all the details because it would get me way more worked up than I want to be at this hour, but basically, I approached the arresting officer, who was at the same time approaching me because I had just given the finger to a colossally pricky bouncer, and I figured I'd explain what a dick the bouncer was, we'd laugh about it, and then the officer would tell me to just walk away and enjoy the rest of my vacation, and that would be the end of it. I'd never had a problem with police before. I was an honors student, and I was white. The way I grew up, you can talk to cops and ask them for directions because they're on your side. Anyway, I'd misjudged this Napoleonic, fuckface, ball-licking cop (Officer Biskup; I still remember your name, you piece of shit). He immediately got in my face like a Marine Corps drill sergeant on the first day of boot camp. I told him to calm down (never a smart move) and proceeded to attempt to explain what happened. (Ahhh! I'm getting irritated!) Okay, long story short, he grabbed me, accused me of resisting, kicked me in the leg, cuffed me, and threw me in jail for the night. I filed a report against him the next morning, and tried to follow up on it, but their police department ended up having all these false witness reports. Terrible experience. I still get really agitated when I think about it. And the most profound lesson of that whole ordeal was that I cannot even begin to imagine how bad black people had, and still have, it when it comes to police brutality and abuse of power.

Incidentally, I just decided to do a little google search on this Officer "Dingleberry" Biskup, and it turned up several interesting articles on him. One where he allegedly beat up some local restaurateur ("Biskup took him to the ground and smashed his head on the ground several times, causing his mouth and nose to bleed"), one where he was in charge of crowd control and tasered a guy for "hindering" him (the taser didn't work well enough so he then had to take the guy to the ground and use a stun gun, too), a third that reports that he was charged with misconduct and brutality for which he could face a year in jail and a $1,000 fine, and finally, one where he's accused of beating the shit out of someone's pet pig. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment