Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Societal Rules of Thumb

I know this is going to make me sound like an asshole, but if you're fat and/or ugly, shouldn't you be extra nice? Like, if you're hard to look at, you have to give people extra incentive to be nice to you, no? (I'm sure some people will read this and feign incredulity, but I live in this realm called "reality," where people make many quick judgements, often subconsciously, based on physical appearance. There's a reason Heidi Klum doesn't have to be smart.)

On the other hand, I think if you're deformed or disabled, or even just really old, you can be a huge asshole. I'd be willing to take some abuse from someone in a wheelchair or a dude with a cleft palate, for sure. Now, having said that, don't be surprised if people don't like you as a result. Just 'cause you can be a prick, doesn't mean you should...

No comments:

Post a Comment