Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stupid People

While the title of this post is a very broad umbrella that includes the vast majority of the population, something very specific triggered this post. I was actually reading an article about how terrible Jeff Dunham is (although said article also pointed out that he is the third richest comedian behind Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock, after earning $30 million last year! What the fuck?!), and part of the article was talking about how politically incorrect Dunham's puppet characters are. Yeah, because that's the most offensive thing about his act. Not the part where he's completely and utterly the opposite of funny.

Anyway, I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to mine some of the comments on the bottom of the page for comedic gold. I got just three comments in and unearthed this gem: "Freedom of speach is all I can say." And I so hope that you're a man of your word and say nothing else for the rest of your life. If you can't spell "speech," then your freedom of speech should absolutely be revoked (unless you're a foreigner; then I forgive you. Te absolvo.). In fact, let's extend that revocation to people who can't spell "definitely," as well as to those who are unable to distinguish between "their," "there," and "they're," and "two," "too," and "to." Not surprisingly, I have a much longer list of offenses for which I'd like to strip people of their powers of speech, but I don't feel like getting any more riled up than I already am. It's almost bedtime.

(Special thanks to Nads for reigniting my passionate abhorrence for ventriloquist acts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment