Subscribe to The Curmudgeon!

Google Groups
Subscribe to The Curmudgeon
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Next Boycott?

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to have to boycott Sherlock Holmes. How many fucking previews are they going to show for this thing?! Enough already! We get it! Robert Downey Jr. is going to be cutesy, charming, and clever with a fake British accent. Jesus Christ.

I actually had a mild interest in seeing this thing before they launched this maniacal marketing assault. Now I just feel like they're being insecure and trying to compensate for something. It makes me wonder if the conversation in the room went something like this:

Hollywood Producer #1: This thing is a piece of shit. What are we gonna do?

Hollywood Douche #2: I got it! We'll drum up as much hype as we can prior to its release so we can make our money back right away, and by the time people figure out how terrible it is, it'll be too late!

But for me, it's like, if there were a cute girl you were interested in, but she just kept talking about how great she was, you wouldn't believe her because you'd assume she's masking massive insecurities, you'd avoid seeing her . . . if you were smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment